You got a tough job ahead that you know involves cutting some pretty tough stuff like nails, old lumber, and some rebar. So you need the best corded reciprocating saw because good enough just won't do.
I know, I've been there trying to cut through that rebar cast in a concrete header and you burn out that cheap saw. Frustrating!
That's why we've undertaken a bold move. That's right, we did all the grunt work for you to provide you with the top sawzall reviews.
No frills or fancy phrases, just the honest information on each one. Then you decide with the correct information. Let's get it done!
How to Choose the Best Corded Sawzall
When deciding on the best corded sawzall, you will find that there are several different types, as well as a variety of features that each may have. You don't necessarily just want to buy the best corded reciprocating saw.
There are several different types that have different uses, so you always want to keep in mind the types of projects you will be working on. Here is some helpful background information on the types and features of reciprocating saws to help you know the things to look for in buying the best.
Important Reciprocating Saw Buying Tips
Power Levels and Speed
Depending on how you will use your saw, you may need more power than others. If you choose a cordless saw, you will get more versatility and maneuverability, but, when the power runs low, you will lose power.
If you have a corded saw, you will always have consistent power that ranges between under 5 amps to well over 15 amps. 10 amps is usually sufficient for heavy duty cutting jobs.
If you do purchase a cordless saw, make sure to choose an 18 or 24-volt saw, and to buy extra batteries to make sure you don’t run low on power.
Reciprocating Saw Features
If you choose a cordless reciprocating saw, there are some added benefits and features that will enhance the saw's performance. Not only is it easier to transport, but it is easier to use in tight spaces, and areas where there isn’t access to electricity. Here are a few other benefits that a cordless reciprocating saw can give you:
- Enhanced Action – Since you can cut both vertically and horizontally with a cordless saw, you will get increased versatility in your work. You can also make cuts without worrying about cutting the power cord.
- Variable Speeds - Cordless saws will come with variable speeds and orbital action that let you have better control of your saw. These features also let you decide on the best setting that gives you the most comfort and effectiveness.
- Better Stroke Depth – You will also get longer stroke levels that will let you make fast and aggressive cuts, and at the same time let you make shorter strokes of 3/4” that are perfect for plunge cuts.
Reciprocating Saw Enhancements
If you are looking for the best corded reciprocating saw for the money, there are a lot of additional features you can choose. The best corded sawzall will not only have a lot of power, but it should have versatility, stability, and performance as well.
- Adjustable Shoe – Having an adjustable shoe gives you more stability and control. They can be used in several different positions which make them very versatile, and the adjustment can be done easily without a tool. This also gives you blade visibility, and allow you to cut in various positions.
- Orbital Maneuverability – Orbital action lets you move it both horizontally and vertically, so you can make really fast cuts. You will also have a more consistent sawing speed, and it is also possible to cut at slower speeds so you are more effective.
- Storage Case – This keeps your tool protected, makes it easier to transport, and helps keep all your accessories together in one place.
- Tool-Less Blade Replacement – This is a handy feature that lets you change a blade quickly and easily, and doesn’t make it necessary to have to carry extra tools around.
- Variable Speed – Being able to change your speed depending on the type of material you are cutting, helps to increase your versatility, and improves your consistency and precision when you are cutting.
- Auto Stop Brushes – These can help a saw stop automatically, and when they wear out, this feature is activated and prevents the saw’s motor from being damaged.
- Speed Regulation – This keeps the saw from slowing down while it is cutting, and helps it retain its speed while it is being used.
- Metal Gear Housing – You will have an enhanced motor protection experience, and more durability with the addition of metal gear housing. It also helps keep the motor from burning out while in heavy use.
What is the Best Corded Reciprocating Saws?
Here's a brief summary of the top corded sawzalls on the market today. We'll follow up with detailed corded reciprocating saw reviews to make your decision easier.
Milwaukee 6509-31 12 Amp Sawzall Reciprocating Saw Kit
The Milwaukee 6509-31 12 Amp Sawzall Reciprocating Saw Kit is a durable, and easy to use saw that is lightweight, but comes with plenty of power. The Quik-Lok blade clamp gives you easy and fast tool-free blade changes, and it features a redesigned ergonomic grip for comfort.
DeWalt DWE304 10-Amp Reciprocating Saw
The DeWalt DWE304 10-Amp Reciprocating Saw is a versatile saw that is great for heavy-duty jobs. It comes with a 4-positon blade clamp that lets you flush cut, and a variable speed trigger, so you can control your speed with the trigger.
Black & Decker RS500K 8.5 Amp Reciprocating Saw Kit
The Black & Decker RS500K 8.5 Amp Reciprocating Saw Kit is a versatile saw that has plenty of power for the do-it-yourselfer. It is a great saw for all those projects around the house that is lightweight, and gives your great control and efficiency with your cutting performance.
Porter-Cable PC75TRS 7.5 Amp Reciprocating Saw
In comparison, the Porter-Cable PC75TRS 7.5 Amp Reciprocating Saw is a great saw for those tough jobs on the job site. It has a twist lock blade clamp for quick and easy blade changes, and ergonomically designed molded handle for easy control.
Bosch RS7 1-1/8 Inch 11 Amp Reciprocating Saw
The Bosch RS7 1-1/8 Inch 11 Amp Reciprocating Saw is a lightweight and compact saw that has the best in class power to weight ratio. It comes with a dual LED lighting system to illuminate your cutting line, and it cuts through the hardest construction materials.
Corded Reciprocating Saw Reviews
What is the Best Corded Reciprocating Saw?
The winner of the best corded reciprocating saw roundup is the Bosch RS7 1-1/8 Inch 11 Amp Reciprocating Saw. It has a lightweight and compact design that features an 11-amp motor that makes it the best in class power to weight ratio. It is loaded with features that are powerful and precise, and they help your take on your hardest projects.
It’s a great saw for those that can benefit from a high level of sawing and cutting power. The Bosch RS7's dual LED lighting system is a great additional feature that lets you make precision cuts each and every time, and increases safety and efficiency. Plus, it has a tool-less blade change system that makes changing blades quick and painless.
The definite winner of the best corded reciprocating saw roundup is the Bosch reciprocating saw.